Forget paying too-high prices for jars of mango salsa, only to be disappointed by the mushy texture and flat flavor. In only minutes, you can make your own, in-season Mango Salsa with fresh ingredients. As an appetizer with cocktails, or a side dish for your next Mexican-themed meal, this salsa is sure to please. It also makes a great accompaniment to grilled poultry and fish.
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 – 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno, to taste
- Juice from 1/2 fresh lime
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch sea salt
- Combine all ingredients.
- Toss to combine.
- Chill 1 hour before serving, toss again, then enjoy with gluten free tortilla chips or alongside grilled poultry, seafood or pork.
Don’t forget the Guacamole!