There aren’t many things we can’t do with rich, creamy avocados. The high fat content and buttery consistency lends itself to more than just mashing up for guacamole or spreading on gluten-free toast (although those aren’t bad ideas, either).
Why not treat yourself to a sweet indulgence… Avocado Ice Cream! With only a few ingredients, you can have this healthier dairy-free option for ice cream ready in no time, and everyone will love it!
Dairy-Free Avocado Ice Cream
- 1 ripe organic avocado, peeled, seed removed
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (the “lite” or lower-fat varieties will not result in a smooth, creamy ice cream)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (or other dairy-free milk of your choice)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (I like Nielsen Massey brand.)
- 3 Tablespoons of sugar, honey, or other sweetener of your choice
- In your food processor, puree the avocado until no chunks remain and the mixture is [u]entirely [/u]smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides of your food processor a few times.
- Transfer the avocado to a mixing bowl and whisk in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream freezer and freeze according to the directions for your machine. It takes about 30-40 minutes in my machine.
- Serve immediately, or store in the freezer in an airtight container until ready to use.
You may also enjoy my 3-Ingredient Vegan Vanilla “Ice Cream”!
Give this Vegan Peach Ice Cream a try, too!