A good go-to salad dressing is a must in our house. We eat some form of greens every day, and about 75% of the time, we’re reaching for something deliciously creamy to top them. If you’re a fan of cilantro, you will l-o-v-e this dressing! Use the stems, too, because everything’s getting blended up nice and smooth and those cilantro stems are bursting with flavor! Don’t skip the jalapeno, either, because it lifts the flavor of the dressing without making it too spicy. If you want a little kick, add a bit more jalapeno. And if you’re not a fan of cilantro, use basil or dill instead.
Creamy Cilantro Salad Dressing
- 1 large handful of cilantro, large stems removed (about 1 1/2 cups loosely packed)
- 1 teaspoon fresh jalapeno pepper, minced (more, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons coconut milk creamer (plain flavor) OR coconut milk (other dairy-free milk of your choice will work, too)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine coconut milk creamer and olive oil; set aside.
- In the bowl of your food processor (blender works, too), process cilantro, jalapeno, salt & black pepper as you drizzle in the coconut milk creamer/olive oil mixture very slowly.
- Process until the mixture is smooth and the cilantro is reduced to very small flecks.
- Spoon over salad.
- Store leftover dressing up to 3 days in the fridge in a glass jar with tight-fitting lid.
- Learn how to preserve fresh herbs, like cilantro, for extended freshness.
- Check out the “how-to” in my short YouTube video, below!