Dairy-Free Hot Fudge Sauce for Ice Cream
Use this simple to prepare Fudge Sauce on your favorite dairy-free (or regular) ice cream or other dessert. It’s great on my Dairy-Free Caramel Ice Cream with No Bake Brownie Bites!
Enjoy this Dairy-Free Hot Fudge Sauce for Ice Cream!
- 3 Tablespoons coconut milk or coconut milk creamer (See Notes below recipe.)
- 2 squares dark chocolate (gluten and dairy free with greater than 70% cacao)
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons fat (I recommend dairy-free butter substitute for best flavor, but an equal amount of coconut oil will work, too.)
- 2 Tablespoons honey (or other liquid sugar like pure maple syrup or agave nectar; if you prefer to use another sweetener, please feel free to experiment; however note your results may not be as intended.)
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, whisking occasionally.
- Boil 3-4 minutes, without stirring; remove from heat.
- Cool in saucepan until mixture is warm before using.
- Spoon over ice cream or other dessert.
Thought you’d like to know…
- This sauce is terrific spooned over my Dairy-Free Caramel Ice Cream with No Bake Brownie Bites.
- I use So Delicious brand coconut milk cream, original flavor. It is found in the cold section where coffee creamers are sold.
- I use Earth Balance Soy-Free Butter Substitute in this recipe.
And when you’re ready to move to the next level of gluten-free, allergen-free healthy living, consider subscribing to Food Solutions Magazine, my digital ad-free gluten-free living publication.
Interested in Grain-Free Recipes? Get your copy of my eBook, When Gluten-Free is Not Enough: Introduction to Grain-Free Living Plus 20 Grain-Free Recipes.
Wherever you are on your gluten-free journey to optimal health, I’m here to meet you where you are.