Gigi’s Everyday Gluten-Free Flour Blend is a basic all-purpose blend, free from gums.
Use this blend cup-for-cup in recipes calling for an all-purpose blend.
- 2½ cups brown rice flour (you may substitute white rice flour)
- 1 cup tapioca flour (also called tapioca starch)
- 1 cup potato starch (NOT potato flour; see notes after recipe for more)
- ¼ cup arrowroot flour
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl; whisk to blend thoroughly.
- Store in a glass container with a tight-fitting lid, at room temperature or in your refrigerator, if you plan to store longer than 4-6 months.
Thought you’d like to know…
- This blend can be used in most recipes as a cup-for-cup all-purpose gluten-free flour.
- This blend was created and tested using Bob’s Red Mill products. (And no one is paying me to say so.)
- Brown and white rice flour may be used interchangeably in this blend. You will get a bit more nutrition from the brown rice flour.
- You may substitute cornstarch in an equal amount for the potato starch. Bob’s Red Mill produces a GMO-free cornstarch.
- For the difference between potato starch and potato flour, please read this article.
- Substituting Gluten-Free Flours and Starches will help you make adjustments to flours used in my recipes.
- Makes 4 3/4 cups.
- Recipe may be doubled to make 9 1/2 cups.