Gluten Free Avocado Mayo
I’ve been mayo-free until I saw a recipe on the internet for avocado mayonnaise… It basically consisted of commercially available mayo blended with pureed avocado. That sounded pretty disgusting to me! BUT… it did elicit an idea. And it worked! That’s how I came up with my Gluten Free Avocado Mayo. I know you’ll love it as much as I do!
It’s SO Simple to Make Gluten Free Avocado Mayo
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black peper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons light olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except oil in the bowl of your food processor and blend until pureed.
- You will need to scrape down the sides several times to insure all avocado is pureed.
- When the mixture is smooth, drizzle the oil slowly into the processor while blending.
- Be patient – if you add the oil all at once or too fast, you will not achieve the rich creamy mayo-like texture that you’re looking for.
- Use immediately, or store in fridge for 3-5 days tightly covered.
- It may keep longer, but it never stays around my fridge long enough to find out.