Gluten Free Mexi-Meals in a Jar
How cute are these Mexi-Meals in a Jar?! Great idea I borrowed from none other than Betty Crocker! I adapted the original recipe to be a little healthier and food allergy friendlier. Make your own version and have a fiesta with this fun food idea!
- For each half-pint jar:
- ¼ cup mashed white Cannelini beans (or other bean you choose)
- ¼ cup salsa (make your own*, or use your favorite additive-free variety)
- ¼ cup sour cream (omit if dairy-free, or use a dairy-free sour cream substitute)
- ¼ cup guacamole* (store-bought or homemade)
- Shredded cheese (if dairy-free omit or use a dairy-free "cheese" shred like Daiya)
- Fresh cilantro*
- Additional salsa
- Sliced jalapeno peppers
- Black olive slices
- *See "Notes" below recipe.
- Layer beans, salsa, sour cream and guacamole in jars, spreading layers as evenly as possible. A long spoon works well for this.
- Top with any or all of the toppings listed.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve cold, room temperature, or for a hot dip, microwave the jars a bit to melt the cheese on top (if using). Microwave in 30-second increments to prevent over-heating.
- Serve with gluten free tortilla chips.
- I love using American-grown California avocados for my simple homemade guacamole. I get my avocados delivered right to my front door from California Avocados Direct! Check them out.
- Check out my method for Preserving Fresh Herbs to cut down on waste when buying bundles of herbs like cilantro.