Gluten Free Pan Dressing (or Stuffing)
In this recipe for my Gluten Free Pan Dressing (or Stuffing), I use my award winning Gluten Free Cornbread recipe and Gluten Free Biscuits recipe. There are several biscuit recipes you can use here on the site, or you will find them in my eCookBooks.
Enjoy my Gluten Free Pan Dressing (or Stuffing) ~ A traditional recipe for the perfect holiday side dish!
- 1 recipe Gluten Free Gigi’s Gluten Free Vegan “Buttermilk” Biscuits (about twelve 2-inch biscuits)
- 1 recipe Gluten Free Gigi’s Gluten Free Cornbread (Vegan Option)
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 cup celery, cut into small dice
- ½ medium sweet onion, cut into small dice
- 1 cup dried cranberries reconstituted in ½ cup warm water, optional
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- ½ Tablespoon dried ground sage
- ½ teaspoon each: salt and black pepper
- 3 cups Broth (use veggie broth for vegan OR other broth of your choice, either homemade or store-bought)
- 3 real eggs OR your choice of egg-free egg alternative - click to find a few options
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Crumble biscuits and cornbread into breadcrumbs. You will have about 8 cups of breadcrumbs. (You can do this in a large zip top bag with little mess.)
- If frozen previously, there is no need to thaw the bread. Simply remove the frozen bread from fridge before sautéing the celery, onions, and garlic and allow to sit at room temperature until the veggies are ready.
- Add oil to a skillet over medium heat; sautee onion and celery until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook, and stir for 2 minutes more. (Watch the garlic carefully, as it burns easy.)
- Place the breadcrumbs in a large mixing bowl; add cooked veggies.
- Add salt, pepper, and sage.
- Stir in broth and eggs.
- Spoon into prepared baking pan and bake approximately 45 minutes, or until set in center and golden brown around edges.
- You may also use this for stuffing a turkey, if you like.
Thought you’d like to know…
- Biscuits and Cornbread can be made up to 1 month in advance and frozen in gallon zipper bags. To freeze: cool bread to room temperature, then place the cornbread in one bag and the biscuits in another. Knead through the bag to crumble the bread, then squeeze the air out of each bag and freeze. They will be ready to add to your stuffing when the holidays roll around!
You’ll find more simple, affordable gluten-free recipes in my Recipe Index.
Don’t miss the informative “Smart Nutrition Backed by Science” articles, information on Food Additives, Resources and more in the Knowledge Section.
And remember, your support is what keeps the blog going, so please be sure to check out my eCookBooks and guides in the Shop, and subscribe to my monthly gluten-free living magazine, Food Solutions!
Thank you for supporting what I do each day!