Juicy white peaches are one of my favorite treats of summer and one of my favorite ways to enjoy them is in a warm peach cobbler with a dollop of dairy-free ice cream or whipped topping. Of course, white peaches hit their peak right along with temperatures, when it’s too hot to fire up the oven.
But we can still enjoy cobbler and keep our cool with this Gluten-Free Peach Cobbler for Two, filled with sweet, fruit and tender topping. It is truly peach perfection! In under 10 minutes, you’ll be putting your feet up and enjoying a big bite of summer – oven not required.
If you can’t find white peaches, any of the yellow varieties will be just as delish in this simple cobbler!
Gluten-Free Peach Cobbler for Two
- 2 - pint Mason jar (or similar microwave-safe glass container of equal capacity)
- 1 Tablespoon sugar (white, brown or coconut will work), divided into ½ Tablespoon portions
- 1 Tablespoon gluten-free flour blend (Like Gigi's Everyday Gluten-Free Flour Blend, or King Arthur GF Multipurpose Flour), divided into ½ Tablespoon portions
- 2 Pinches of salt, divided into "Pinch" portions
- 4 small or 2 medium/large peaches, peeled and sliced, divided in half
- ⅓ cup sugar, additional to 1 T. above (white, brown, or coconut will work)
- ⅓ cup gluten-free flour blend, additional to 1 T. above
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt, in addition to above
- 3 Tablespoons dairy-free butter substitute, cold and cut into small cubes (of real butter if you eat dairy; coconut oil will also work)
- ⅓ cup milk (I use unsweetened coconut milk; use any dairy- or plant-based milk you like.)
- Lightly grease each jar.
- To each greased jar, add: ½ Tablespoon sugar, ½ Tablespoon flour blend, a pinch of salt; stir.
- To each jar add the sliced peaches, dividing the peach slices evenly between the jars; gently stir to coat peach slices.
- Set jars aside to make the topping.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ⅓ cup sugar, ⅓ cup flour blend, baking powder, pinch of salt; whisk or stir to combine.
- Add cold butter substitute (or real butter, or coconut oil) and cut in with a fork, mashing the butter pieces into the flour, until a coarse crumb results.
- Add milk and stir thoroughly.
- Pour the topping mixture on top of peach slices in each jar, dividing mixture evenly between the two jars.
- Microwave the jars approximately 2 minutes each (I do this individually, as I believe the cooking is more even, but you can do both at once if you like, just increase the cooking time by a minute or so), checking at the 1½ minute point.
- Test the center to determine if cobblers are done - you want the topping to be tender, but not runny. If your topping is a bit runny in the center, microwave an additional 30 seconds, then test again.
- Allow cobblers to cool (preferably in the microwave) at least 15-20 minutes before topping with whipped topping (Use my dairy-free whipped topping if you like!) or your favorite dairy-free ice cream (or dairy version, whatever works for you).
Thought you’d like to know…
- Ingredient Substitutions for Gigi’s Recipes will help you decide which ingredients work best for you in my recipes.
- Substituting Gluten-Free Flours and Starches will help you make adjustments to flours used in my recipes.
Don’t miss another delish dish! Sign up for my free eNewsletter, the Daily Gluten Free Fix, and have each new recipe and article delivered to your inbox.
While you’re here, browse the Recipe Index for recipes free from gluten, dairy, soy, peanuts, and tree nuts. And be sure to explore my vast collection of “Smart Nutrition Backed by Science” articles in the Knowledge section and check out eBooks in the Shop.
If you’re NEW TO GLUTEN FREE LIVING, click on over to the Essentials.
Access the current issue of Food Solutions Magazine ~ it’s free to everyone!