A terrific recipe for Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcakes is essential. This recipe is simple, fast and very vanilla! They’re so good, you may want to nibble them naked (not you, the cupcakes…you know, without frosting, like in the picture).
Of course, with Halloween just around the corner, you may want to dress them up. It’s so easy (and fun!) to do. See my easy Gluten Free Halloween Cupcake How-To for tips and ideas.
Either way, you’ll definitely want to make these Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcakes!
Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcakes
- ¼ cup dairy-free butter substitute, softened (or real butter, if you eat dairy; you may also substitute coconut oil)
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar (substituting brown or coconut sugar will change the color and flavor of the cupcakes)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten (feel free to experiment with your choice of Egg Alternatives)
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups Gigi's Everyday Gluten-Free Flour Blend (Gum-Free) or other gluten-free all-purpose flour blend of your choice, without gums
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dairy-free milk (I use unsweetened coconut milk, but any milk of your choice will work - dairy or dairy-free)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line 12-section muffin pan with paper liners (or omit liners and grease the pan, if you prefer)
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter substitute and sugar and beat until smooth sugar begins to dissolve a bit.
- Add eggs and vanilla; stir until mixture is uniform.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add half of flour mixture to sugar mixture; stir.
- Pour in milk; stir, then add remaining flour and stir until batter is smooth.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, dividing evenly between sections of pan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, just until cupcakes rise and turn light golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven to cool, then frost as desired.
You can find more frosting recipes and more cupcake love here!
Thought you’d like to know…
- For substitutions please see Ingredient Substitutions for Gluten Free Gigi’s Recipes or Substituting Gluten-Free Flours and Starches.
Enjoy all the gluten-free recipes I have for you in my Gluten-Free Recipe Index!
Take advantage of the Knowledge Section for articles on Celiac disease and related health issues, as well as information on supplements, food additives, ingredients and more.
It is because of you that I am able to share the free information here for you to use and enjoy. Please consider supporting what I do each day by purchasing from my online Shop or subscribing to my digital ad-free gluten-free living magazine, Food Solutions. It is sure to enhance your gluten-free life!
Thank you for supporting what I do!