The name is a bit deceiving. These “fries” bake in the oven and crisp up in minutes, making a terrific (healthy!) snack or side dish. With only 3 ingredients, you’ll want to make this healthy recipe often! Just another great way to enjoy healthy avocados!
Healthy Oven Avocado Fries
- 1 medium avocado
- Approximately 3/4 cup Gluten Free Breadcrumbs*
- 1 teaspoon of the seasoning of your choice, optional*
- Preheat oven to 420F.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment. If you use foil, lightly grease it.
- In a shallow medium-sized bowl, add seasoning (if using) to breadcrumbs and stir; set this coating mixture aside while you prepare the avocado.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, then cut each half into wedges. Carefully peel off the outer skin. (Depending on how thick you want your avocado fries, you can leave the wedges as they are, or you can cut them in half for thinner fries.)
- Roll each avocado wedge in breadcrumbs, pressing gently into the coating to cover completely.
- Place the wedges on the prepared pan, about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn wedges, and bake for 10 minutes more, or until the avocado fries are lightly brown and crisp.
- Remove the fries from the pan to a serving dish and enjoy!
- I used crushed Plentils crisps from Enjoy Life Foods as the breading for my fries. Use any gluten-free chip, cracker or breadcrumb you like.
- Seasoning options are endless. Try ground cumin, Italian herbs, sea salt & fresh ground black pepper or even ground cinnamon.
- Master creating wedges out of your whole avocado quickly and simply by watching my YouTube How-To Video for this recipe (below). Inside the video I show you every step![youtube]http://youtu.be/YrNQEX72C8A[/youtube]