If you’re an artichoke pro, go right to the recipe, but if you’ve never tackled one before, this is one of those times when seeing how it’s done may come in handy. Check out the video after the recipe below for How to Prepare and Roast Artichokes.
Fortunately, with artichokes, looks are deceiving. They aren’t difficult to prepare, cook, or eat. Once you see how it’s done, you’ll be enjoying fresh artichokes and reaping those tasty health benefits, too! They are free from fat and cholesterol, high in fiber and vitamin C and are very versatile.
I have a super simple recipe to get you started!
How to Prepare and Roast Artichokes
- 2 artichokes fully prepped (See how to prep artichokes in the video, below.)
- 8-12 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 -2 teaspoons olive oil
- aluminum foil
- baking pan
- For each prepared artichoke, place 4 - 6 whole cloves garlic and 1 lemon wedge in each. Before placing the lemon wedge inside, squeeze the juice into the artichoke. Sprinkle with salt and pepper (or any other seasonings you like) and drizzle 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil over each artichoke.
- Wrap artichokes individually in a double layer of aluminum foil so no steam will escape during roasting.
- Place wrapped artichokes on baking pan and bake for 40 minutes, or until stem end is tender.
- Remove artichokes from the oven and allow them to stand, wrapped, for 5 minutes.
- Open foil packet, and transfer artichokes to serving plate and enjoy.
Don’t miss another delish dish! Sign up for my free eNewsletter, the Daily Gluten Free Fix, and have each new recipe and article delivered to your inbox.
While you’re here, browse the Recipe Index for recipes free from gluten, dairy, soy, peanuts, and tree nuts. And be sure to explore my vast collection of “Smart Nutrition Backed by Science” articles in the Knowledge section and check out eBooks in the Shop.
If you’re NEW TO GLUTEN FREE LIVING, click on over to the Essentials.
Access the current issue of Food Solutions Magazine ~ it’s free to everyone!