These gluten-free Perfectly Pumpkin Cupcakes a terrific autumn treat! Frost them with my Fluffy Dairy-Free Lemon Frosting, the BEST Cream Cheese Frosting Ever with a dash of cinnamon or a sprinkling of brown sugar (pictured), or try this healthy Superfood Fudge Frosting if you like a little chocolate with your pumpkin!
Either way, you can’t go wrong with this simple seasonal recipe!
Perfectly Pumpkin Cupcakes
- 2 cups Gigi's Everyday Gluten-Free Flour Blend (Gum-Free) or your favorite gum-free gluten-free all-purpse flour blend
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup sugar (coconut or brown sugar are nice in these!)
- 1 egg or 1 Tablespoon powdered egg replacer dissolved in ¼ c. warm water (or use your preferred egg-substitute to equal 1 egg)
- ⅓ cup pureed pumpkin (fresh or canned, but not pie filling!)
- 3 Tablespoon melted coconut oil (or other melted fat of choice, like butter or dairy-free butter substitute)
- 2 Tablespoons milk (I use unsweetened coconut milk; use dairy or plant based milk of your choice.)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 12-section cupcake tin with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flours, salt, soda, baking powder, and sugar; stir with a wire whisk until blended.
- Add egg, pumpkin, oil, milk and vanilla.
- Stir until batter is smooth.
- Divide batter evenly among sections of paper-lined pan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cupcakes comes out clean and dry.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Top with your favorite frosting.
Thought you’d like to know…
- For substitutions please see Ingredient Substitutions for Gluten Free Gigi’s Recipes or Substituting Gluten-Free Flours and Starches.
Don’t miss another delish dish! Sign up for my free eNewsletter, the Daily Gluten Free Fix, and have each new recipe and article delivered to your inbox.
While you’re here, browse the Recipe Index for recipes free from gluten, dairy, soy, peanuts, and tree nuts. And be sure to explore my vast collection of “Smart Nutrition Backed by Science” articles in Gluten-Free Updates and check out eBooks in the Shop.
If you’re NEW TO GLUTEN FREE LIVING, click on over to the Essentials.
Access the current issue of Food Solutions Magazine ~ it’s free to everyone!