Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 2 cups milk *
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour *
- 1 Tablespoons flaxseed meal (or chia seeds)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup *
- 2 teaspoons Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Dash salt
- Dairy Free Whipped Topping, optional but recommended*
- Cinnamon for sprinkling on top, optional
- *see notes below recipe
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, except Dairy Free Whipped Topping.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into tall glasses to serve.
- Top with Dairy Free Whipped Topping and a dash of cinnamon, if desired.
Thought you’d like to know:
- Dairy- or plant-based milk will work in this recipe.
- Coconut flour adds fiber and body to the smoothie. Do not substitute coconut flour with an alternate gluten-free flour in this recipe.
- Substitute another liquid sweetener (agave nectar, honey, brown rice syrup or coconut nectar) or other sweetener of your choice for the maple syrup if you prefer.
- Find my Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice recipe here.
- You may use store-bought pumpkin pie spice, just be sure the blend you’re using is gluten-free, as not all spices and spice blends are free from gluten (usually due to cross-contamination from shared facilities and equipment).
- Find the Dairy Free Whipped Topping recipe here.
- Store leftovers in the fridge 1 day or freeze for 1 week.
- Pumpkin is an excellent way to get your vitamin A! Read more about why those of us with Celiac disease may be deficient in my article, “What We Need to Know about Vitamin A on Our Gluten Free Diet“.
Enjoy all the gluten-free recipes I have for you in my Gluten-Free Recipe Index!
Take advantage of the Knowledge Section for articles on Celiac disease and related health issues, as well as information on supplements, food additives, ingredients and more.
It is because of you that I am able to share the free information here for you to use and enjoy. Please consider supporting what I do each day by purchasing from my online Shop or subscribing to my digital ad-free gluten-free living magazine, Food Solutions. It is sure to enhance your gluten-free life!
Thank you for supporting what I do!