I borrowed this adorable appetizer recipe from Betty Crocker! I adapted the original recipe to be a little healthier and more food allergy friendly. You can make your own custom version and have a fiesta with this fun food idea for Cinco de Mayo or any day of the year!
These are terrific in half-pint jars for parties, too!
5-Layer Mexican Dip in a Jar
For each half-pint jar:
- 1/4 cup mashed white Cannelini beans (or other bean you choose)
- 1/4 cup salsa (make your own*, or use your favorite additive-free variety)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (omit if dairy-free, or use a dairy-free sour cream substitute)
- 1/4 cup guacamole* (store-bought or homemade)
- Shredded cheese (if dairy-free omit or use a dairy-free “cheese” shred like Daiya)
- Fresh cilantro
- Additional salsa
- Sliced jalapeno peppers
- Black olive slices
- Layer beans, salsa, sour cream and guacamole in jars, spreading layers as evenly as possible. A long spoon works well for this.
- Top with any or all of the toppings listed.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve cold, room temperature, or for a hot dip, microwave the jars a bit to melt the cheese on top (if using). Microwave in 30-second increments to prevent over-heating.
Serve with gluten free tortilla chips.