- 2 Tablespoons dairy-free butter substitute (like Earth Balance soy-free spread)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon salt (depending on your taste)
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1/4 cup [url href=”http://www.glutenfreegigi.com/gigis-everyday-gluten-free-flour-blend-gum-free/” target=”_blank” title=”Gigi’s Everyday Gluten-Free Flour Blend (Gum-Free)”]Gigi’s Everyday Gluten-Free Flour Blend (Gum-Free)[/url] or other gluten free flour blend of your choice
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup dry instant potato flakes (for instant mashed potatoes; be sure your brand is gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red or green peppers
- In a large pot, cook celery, onion and garlic in butter substitute, oil and seasonings over medium high heat until tender and translucent.
- Add corn and cook 10 – 12 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Quickly stir in flour blend.
- Add broth slowly, stirring.
- Add coconut milk, wine and potato flakes; stir.
- Add peppers and bring chowder to a boil.
- Reduce heat immediately to simmer, then cover and cook 30 minutes.
Find more simple, affordable gluten-free recipes in my Recipe Index.
Stay informed with my signature “Smart Nutrition Backed by Science” articles, information on Food Additives, Cooking How-To, Food Basics and Resources and more in the Knowledge Section.
And remember, your support is what keeps the blog going, so please be sure to check out my eCookBooks and guides in the Shop, and subscribe to my monthly gluten-free living magazine, Food Solutions!
Thank you for supporting what I do each day!