Light as a feather, tender, rich with flavor. These simple Gluten-Free Drop Biscuits will free you from the gummy centers and hockey pucks that make some shriek at the thought of gluten-free baked goods.
So simple to put together, you can have these babies on the table (and the mixing bowl in the dishwasher) in under half an hour. You all in? I am!
Ya’ll enjoy these!
Gluten-Free Drop Biscuits
- 2 ½ cups Gigi’s Everyday GF Flour (gum-free) or similar gum-free blend
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons fat, melted (For dairy-free use butter substitute; if you eat dairy, use real butter if you prefer.)
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- ¾ cup milk (dairy- or plant-based will work)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment.(You will have 2 pans of biscuits.)
- Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl; whisk to blend.
- Pour vinegar and milk into melted butter. Stir once.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients. Stir until no dry ingredients remain.
- Using a spoon or small ice cream scoop, drop portions of dough (about 2 measuring Tablespoons each) onto prepared pan, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake 12 minutes.
Serve warm and enjoy!