Four ingredients plus five minutes will get you a bright green bowl of delicious Healthy Dijon Herb Dip perfect for dunking crisp, fresh veggies, gluten-free crackers, chips or even spreading on your favorite sandwich. The best part is, you can whip it up right in your blender or food processor. Keep some on hand for thinning with a little coconut (or other) milk and use it as a salad dressing, too!
Healthy Dijon Herb Dip
Free from: gluten, dairy/casein, soy, tree nuts, peanuts, egg, corn.
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs (basil, dill, cilantro, etc.)
- 1 container plain yogurt (Use low-fat, Greek style, dairy or plant-based, or any type you like.)
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 avocado, peel and pit removed, cut into 4 chunks
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in your blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- You will need to stop the blender to scrape down the sides of blender or processor bowl several times to blend smooth.
- Spoon into serving bowl and enjoy!
Thought you’d like to know…
- This makes an excellent dip, sauce for fish or sandwich spread.
- Feel free to be creative with fresh herbs, using basil, chives, cilantro (as pictured), dill, etc.
- Store in fridge up to 3 days.
- Makes about 1 cup.