This review, recipe and giveaway are sponsored by Hamilton Beach. All opinions are my own.
Have I told you how Dreamy and I get up at 5 AM every day? I probably have. It’s not an actual “have to” so much as it’s a “want to”. Dreamy leaves for his office at 6:30 every morning. If we don’t get up super early, we miss our coffee time together. This is a 20-year ritual neither of us is interested in ending.
Of course, we never insisted the girls get up that early. But when Dreamy leaves for his commute into the city, I’m wide awake and ready for my commute down the hallway into my study. I’m also usually ready for a healthy breakfast. More often than not over the years, my sleeping children dictated what I ate.
After all, the last thing a mom wants to do is get her breakfast ready to enjoy and have to put it on hold because she rattled around too much and woke the babes! (Remember, moms, “me time” is not selfish, it’s self-care.)
Our girls are basically all grown up, with only one remaining at home. I still respect the sleeping teen in those early morning hours, especially on weekends. That has meant no breakfast smoothies for me for a long time. Loud blender noises rousing a sleeping teenager is not a recipe for a sweet outcome. ;-)
When the folks at Hamilton Beach asked if I’d like to try the Sound Shield 950 Blender – it’s 55% quieter than a traditional blender! – my first thought was welcome back, breakfast smoothies! I was eager to try it out to find out if it really is quieter than my regular blender. I’ll skip the suspense and tell you it really is quieter! I haven’t woken anyone with it yet, and I’m happily back to breakfasts like my Healthy Peach Breakfast Smoothie (recipe below) for the first time in years.
What I love about the Hamilton Beach Sound Shield 950 Blender:
- Noise reduction provided by the hinged, 2-piece sound shield that opens and closes over the blender jar
- Huge 52-ounce jar capacity
- Multiple pre-set modes (950-watts) for blending smoothies, crushing ice and pulsing
- A wide range of power speeds appropriate for everything from pureeing soups to making frozen cocktails
- Durable stainless steel blades (ice crushing power!!)
- Drip-free pour spout (no more sticky smoothie drip messes!)
- Blade and jar are both dishwasher safe
- A “clean” setting to get all the nut or seed butter from under those blades!
- Fits perfectly beneath the counter
- Looks sleek and compact when stored
Healthy Peach Breakfast Smoothie
This recipe is free from gluten, dairy, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, eggs and grains.
1 cup frozen organic peaches
½ cup unsweetened coconut milk (or other milk of choice)
1 tablespoon hemp seeds
1 tablespoon organic flaxseed meal
1 to 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
½ to 1 teaspoon ground organic cinnamon
½ to 1 tablespoon raw organic cacao nibs
Add all ingredients except cacao nibs to blender, close blender surround, turn on, press smoothie and blend until smooth.
Pour into glass, sprinkle cacao nibs on top and enjoy!
Congratulations to LILYANA HARDJOKO, winner of the Hamilton Beach Smart Sound 950 giveaway! Thank you to all who entered!