Homemade Dairy Free Chocolate Chunks
- 6 Tablespoons good quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 Tablespoons coconut oil that has been gently melted (melt just until it is liquid)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup or other sweetener of your choice*
- Combine all ingredients in a glass dish, such as a glass loaf dish. I use one that is 8×4-inches.
- Stir until everything is mixed well, then chill for about 30-40 minutes, or until the chocolate is solid.
- Use a knife to cut into desired size chunks.
- Scoop out the chunks with a spoon. I start on one corner of the dish and run the tip of my spoon down the side of the dish, all the way around, then scoop out the chunks. You will have some small bits flake away, but mostly the chunks will come out whole. (See my picture above again… I scooped these using this method and put them right on the plate without arranging them at all so you could see exactly what to expect when you make them.)
- Store these in a glass jar, tightly covered, in the refrigerator.
Thought you’d like to know…
*Note on sweeteners:
- You may use liquid or solid sugars here, such as coconut sugar, cane sugar (brown or white), molasses, honey, etc.
- I have not tried stevia (it burns my tongue!), but I feel sure it would work. If you are able to use stevia and try it in this recipe, please share your results in the comments below so everyone can benefit.
- You may want to add more sweetener to your chocolate chunks; I didn’t want mine too sweet. Adding a bit more sweetener, up to 4 Tablespoons of maple syrup did not change my final results.
Enjoy all the gluten-free recipes I have for you in my Gluten-Free Recipe Index!
Take advantage of the Knowledge Section for articles on Celiac disease and related health issues, as well as information on supplements, food additives, ingredients and more.
It is because of you that I am able to share the free information here for you to use and enjoy. Please consider supporting what I do each day by purchasing from my online Shop or subscribing to my digital ad-free gluten-free living magazine, Food Solutions. It is sure to enhance your gluten-free life!
Thank you for supporting what I do!