Of course you can just go grab a container of pumpkin pie spice blend from the market, but you probably already have the spices on hand to combine to make your own. There is also the issue of avoiding cross-contamination for those of us living gluten-free.
Not allowing small bits of gluten to get into our body – especially for those of us with celiac disease – is an important part of staying healthy on a gluten free diet. One way to do this is to make our own spice and seasoning blends with certified gluten free spices. This Pumpkin Pie Spice is ideal for all our fall baking! Try it in my Gluten Free Pumpkin Pull Apart Bread with Dairy Free Pumpkin Caramel!
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon mace or nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon allspice
- Combine spices, blend well with a whisk.
- Store in a small glass jar with a lid.
Thought you’d like to know:
- Use any time a recipe calls for pumpkin pie spice.
- This is also a great blend to use in spice cakes, muffins and gingerbread.
- Try Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice in my Pumpkin Pie in a Glass smoothie recipe!
- Makes approximately 3 Tablespoons.
- Recipe may be doubled.