One of my favorite flavor combos is orange and chipotle. The sweet bright flavor of oranges balance the deep warmth of chipotle peppers to yield just the right amounts of heat and sweet! Use this combo on sweet sugar snap peas like I do here, or try it with other veggies like broccoli or cauliflower!
Orange Chipotle Sugar Snap Peas
|Orange Chipotle Sugar Snap Peas|
- 1 – 16 ounce bag frozen organic sugar snap peas
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Juice from half an orange
- 1/2 chipotle pepper, seeds removed and finely minced
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- In a large skillet, place peas, oil, salt, and orange juice over medium-high heat and cover until liquid begins to boil.
- Uncover and stir peas.
- Continue to cook until peas are thawed and tender (about 10 -15 minutes, depending on how tender you like them).
- Add the pepper and stir.
- llow the liquid to reduce by approximately half, to yield a slightly thick glaze.
- Add orange zest, stir to combine, and serve.
You can see me make this dish on YouTube: